3 Simple Tips to Improve Air Conditioner Efficiency
It’s official… 2019 was Queensland’s sixth hottest year on record, it was 1.27°c warmer than the Queensland average temperature according to the Bureau of Meteorology. What’s more, it was our third hottest summer on record and things don’t look to be changing anytime soon with around 69% of Queenslanders choosing to switch ON the air conditioner for the summer months. We’re here to teach you how to improve air conditioner efficiency as best you can, while still keeping cool for the remainder of our hot summer!
While we are all for staying cool & comfortable through these hot summers, the truth is most Brisbane & Gold Coast families may be overindulging just a little and in turn increasing their energy costs!
Here are our top three tips for staying cool & comfortable while keeping the energy bills to a minimum.
1. Use your system effectively
When using your ducted system it is important to ensure all external doors and windows are shut. This limits your usage to cooling just your home (not your patio!) and will in-turn improve the cost efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Reduce heat in your home by using double glazed and thermally broken aluminium windows and doors. You can drastically help the effectiveness of your air conditioning system by lowering the heat allowed into your home.
- Set your temperature at between 22-24 degrees! It’s estimated that in summer, every degree you raise the desired temperature on your air-conditioner you could reduce your running costs by 5-10%.
- Shut off zones you aren’t using and close the door.
- Use ceiling fans together with your air conditioner. Spreading the cool air from your air conditioner with ceiling fans can help it feel cooler than it actually is, this allows you to set your air conditioner’s desired temperature higher which will improve air conditioner efficiency and save you hard-earned cash.
2. Clean your filters
It is good practice to clean your filters every three months. Regular cleaning or vacuuming ensures your family isn’t breathing in dust that has accumulated on the filter. Find out How to Clean Your Ducted Air Conditioner Filter here.
View our list of air-conditioner services, or contact us to arrange a professional filter clean.
3. Get Your Air Conditioner Serviced Annually
It is important to get your air conditioner serviced once every 12 months to prevent unexpected surprises and help prevent breakdowns before they occur!
Our technicians are trained to go over your system thoroughly to provide you with a detailed report on the health of your system. They can also make suggestions on ways you can improve air conditioner efficiency and get more from your system.
During this annual Ducted Air Conditioning Service we check the performance of your system, ensure there are no leaks, clean and flush the drains, tighten electrical connections, and ensure the correct operation of your zoning system.
Just by learning how to effectively use your air conditioner, whether it’s a Ducted Air Conditioning or Split System Air Conditioner, you’re sure to save money on your energy bills and improve air conditioner efficiency. Get in touch with us today if you require a repair, service or are after a MyAir | Smart Zone Controller. With Smarter Air, you’re in good hands.