Improve The Efficiency Of Your Air Conditioner With These 3 Simple Tips
Itâs official 2019 was Queenslandâs sixth hottest year on record, it was 1.27Â°c warmer than the Queensland average temperature according to the Bureau of Meteorology. Whatâs more, it was our third hottest summer on record, and things donât look to be changing anytime soon with around 69% of Queenslanders choosing to switch ON the air conditioner for the summer months. Weâre here to teach you how to improve air conditioner efficiency as best you can, while still keeping cool for the remainder of our hot summer!
While we are all for staying cool & comfortable through these hot summers, the truth is most Brisbane & Gold Coast families may be overindulging just a little and in turn, increasing their energy costs!
Here are our top three tips for staying cool & comfortable while keeping the energy bills to a minimum.
1. Use your system effectively
When using your ducted system, it is crucial to ensure all external doors and windows have been closed; this ensures you are cooling just your home (not your patio!) and will in-turn improve the cost efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Reduce heat in your home by using double glazed and thermally broken aluminium windows and doors. You can drastically help the effectiveness of your air conditioning system by lowering the heat allowed into your home.
- Set your temperature at between 22-24 degrees! They say that in summer, every degree you raise the desired temperature on your air-conditioner thermostat you could reduce your running costs by up to 5-10%.
- Shut off zones you arenât using and close the door.
- Use ceiling fans together with your air conditioner for increased comfort! Using ceiling fans to help spread the cold air from your air conditioner can help keep a more consistent temperature in your rooms. Ceiling fans may also allow you to set your air conditionerâs desired temperature higher, which will improve air conditioner efficiency and save you hard-earned cash.
2. Clean your filters
It is good practice to clean your filters every three months. Regular cleaning or vacuuming ensures your family isnât breathing in dust that has accumulated on the return air filter. Find out How to Clean Your Ducted Air Conditioner Filter here.
View our list of air-conditioner services, or contact us to arrange a professional filter clean.
3. Get Your Air Conditioner Serviced Annually
It is crucial to get your air conditioner serviced once every 12 months to prevent surprises and help prevent breakdowns before they occur!
Our trained staff will maintain your ducted air conditioner to the highest standards & provide you with a detailed report on the health of your ducted air conditioner system. They can also make suggestions on ways you can improve air conditioner efficiency and get more from your system.
During this annual Ducted Air Conditioning Service, we check the performance of your system, ensure there are no leaks, clean and flush the drains, tighten electrical connections, and ensure the correct operation of your zoning system.
Just by learning how to effectively use your air conditioner, whether itâs a Ducted Air Conditioning or Split System Air Conditioner, youâre sure to save money on your energy bills and improve air conditioner efficiency. Get in touch with us today if you require a repair, service or are after a MyAir | Smart Zone Controller. Â With Smarter Air, youâre in good hands.