How to Clean Split System Air Conditioner Filter
Why do I need to my clean split air conditioner filters?
- Better indoor air quality.
- Increased performance.
- Stop water leaking down the wall due to clogged drains.
- Prevent your family from breathing in any nasties.
- Kill germs, bacteria, mould & other microbes.
- Remove dust & help prevent hay fever.
How often should you clean your split air conditioner filters?
We recommend cleaning your split air filters at least every month to help keep your indoor air quality at it’s best! First with a vacuum cleaner and then give them a quick soak in warm water.
Simply set a reminder on your phone or if you have a Google Home or Alexa smart speaker you can just ask your assistant to remind you 🙂
How To Quickly and Easily Clean A Split System Air Conditioner Filter?
- For safety turn off the power to your air conditioner. This can be done by turning OFF the circuit breaker or turning OFF the isolator located next to your outdoor unit.
- Find the filters. These are found behind the plastic fascia on the front of the air conditioner unit.
- Remove the filters from the air conditioner. This process is different for every brand of ac unit but you normally just need to gently pull on the sides of the front fascia of the indoor unit to release the clips that hold it in and then pull the plastic forward to access the filters.
- Clean process.
- We first like to vacuum the filters to remove any visible dirt and dust.
- We then rub the filters down with a damp cloth to remove any stubborn dirt.
- Now you can either soak them in warm soapy water or spray them down with some disinfectant spray such as SAN-AIR cleaning solution.
- Dry out the filters. Place your filters out in the sun to dry them thoroughly before reinstalling them.
- Install the filters. Once the filters have dried, fit them back into the air conditioner unit and clip the grille fascia back in place.
- Turn the power to the air conditioner back ON. The opposite of what you done in step one
- Enjoy the clean air!
That’s it! With these simple steps, you can easily clean a split air conditioner filters yourself!
What is SAN-AIR?
SAN-AIR has been proven to remove 99.9% of mould, bacteria, and germs from air conditioners to improve indoor air quality, the product is also 100% safe around people & pets.
The 100% natural Australian essential oil formula cleans and purifies the system’s air, creating a healthier indoor environment. SAN-AIR can help you breathe easier in your home, office, or other indoor space. If you want cleaner air for your home, ask our team about SAN-AIR.
We keep SAN-AIR in stock in our Yatala warehouse & our technicians use it on every service to keep your air conditioner clean!
Book A Professional Air Con Inspection And Clean
Want Cleaner Air For Your Family?