Terms OF TRADE
No one likes the small print.
While it might feel a bit time-consuming to read the fine print, we do believe it is the best way to manage expectations and avoid any surprises. Our terms and conditions set out what we will deliver to you and what we expect from you. The last thing we want is a mismatch in understanding and an unhappy customer.
We believe in providing great service and we take pride in our standards. The terms and conditions below serve as the criteria for all of the work we carry out. These terms override any agreements made in person, over the telephone, or in any other communication.
Who are we
Smarter Air Pty Ltd trading as Smarter Air & Smarter Home Electrical
ABN:69 632 856 396
QBCC Trade Contractors License: 15135153
QBCC Nominee License: 15132383
Amendments of term
We reserve the right to change, modify, add or remove portions of these terms at any time. Please check these terms regularly prior to using our website to ensure you are aware of any changes. We will endeavour to highlight any significant or substantive changes to you where possible. If you choose to use our website then we will regard that use as conclusive evidence of your agreement and acceptance that these terms govern the obligations between bothe Smarter Air Pty Ltd and you the customer.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
No one likes the small print.
While it might feel a bit time-consuming to read the fine print, we do believe it is the best way to manage expectations and avoid any surprises. Our terms of trade set out what we will deliver to you and what we expect from you. The last thing we want is a mismatch in understanding and a poor outcome for you, the homeowner.
We believe in providing great service and we take pride in our standards. The terms of trade below serve as the criteria for all of the work we carry out. These terms override any agreements made in person, over the telephone, or in any other communication.
When you ask Smarter Air Pty Ltd to carry out work on your behalf, you agree to uphold your obligations under these terms of trade.
If you have any questions please contact us at our office number 07 3067 2396 or email us at email@example.com. If you are unhappy with the work we provide or have any problems or comments, please let us know immediately. We will do our best to fix any problems right away. If you do not give us feedback or if you delay payment, it makes it difficult for us to put things right.
We take pride in what we do and would love for you to use us again and tell your friends. You can be sure that we want you to get the outcome you are after, as much – if not more – than you do.
WHO WE ARE
Smarter Air Pty Ltd t/a Smarter Air & Electrical
ABN:69 632 856 396
QBCC Trade Contractors License: 15135153
QBCC Nominee License: 15132383
AMENDMENTS OF TERM
We reserve the right to change, modify, add or remove portions of these terms at any time. We will endeavor to highlight any significant or substantive changes to you where possible. If you choose to accept our quotation then we will regard that as conclusive evidence of your agreement and acceptance that these terms govern the obligations between both Smarter Air Pty Ltd and you the customer.
- YOUR WARRANTIES
AIR CONDITIONER UNITS (MANUFACTURER’S WARRANTY)
All of the air conditioning units supplied by smarter air pty ltd come complete with a 5-year manufacturer’s warranty to you the homeowner when installed in a residential application. This 5-year residential warranty is subject to the supplier’s terms & conditions. Smarter air pty ltd will strive to assist you with claims related to your 5-year manufacturer’s warranty if your system is eligible for a warranty replacement or repair.
DUCTED COMPONENTS MANUFACTURERS WARRANTY (MANUFACTURER’S WARRANTY)
A full set of warranty terms are outlined by Advantage Air’s terms and conditions at https://www.advantageair.com.au/terms-and-conditions/.
- Non-electronic, 10 years – Ducted componentry (duct & grilles) carries a warranty of 10 years, this excludes consumables such as duct tape etc.
- Electronic, 5 years – Electronic componentry carries a warranty of 5 years.
Smarter Air Pty Ltd provides a 10-year workmanship guarantee for all of our ducted air conditioning installations to show our commitment to delivering quality work (terms and conditions apply). To be covered under our 10-year workmanship guarantee, an annual service, starting from the date of commissioning, must be provided by a Smarter Air Pty Ltd technician to ensure the ongoing reliability of the system. Our annual service fee is $499 inc GST but as a customer who has had an installation carried out by Smarter Air your price for this is $299 inc GST. For a full list of inclusions of what the annual service entails, see our service and maintenance page https://www.smarterair.com.au/ducted-air-conditioning-service/.
Although Smarter Air Pty Ltd will strive to follow up with homeowners to arrange their annual service, the responsibility ultimately rests with you the homeowner, to ensure this work is undertaken on your system every 12 months to be eligible for the 10-year workmanship guarantee.
If services are not undertaken annually from the date of commissioning of your system, or a 3rd party individual or company provides services during the duration of the 10-year workmanship guarantee, of which we can not guarantee the workmanship of, Smarter Air Pty Ltd reserves the right to void the 10-year workmanship guarantee and instead a 12-month installation warranty from the date of commissioning will apply.
This 10-year workmanship guarantee strictly covers defects in workmanship only and excludes the following:
Parts and labour resulting from faulty equipment (see warranty for units or components manufacturer).
Damage caused by weather, acts of God, vandalism, unauthorised workmanship, vermin, unreasonable use of the product or forces and circumstances outside of normal day-to-day use.
To claim under the workmanship guarantee, the system must conform to the conditions set out above regarding annual servicing by Smarter Air Pty Ltd. You must notify Smarter Air Pty Ltd immediately to inspect the claim and ensure it is covered, and if so, we will make arrangements to rectify the fault as soon as possible.
All wall mounted split system installations are covered by a 1-year workmanship guarantee.
All quotations and pricing supplied by Smarter Air Pty Ltd are valid for 7 days from the date received and are subject to an onsite inspection by a Smarter Air Pty Ltd technician to confirm the quote. Thereafter it must be formally re-quoted or reviewed by Smarter Air Pty Ltd with confirmation in writing confirming the validity.
INCLUSIONS IN OUR DUCTED AIR CONDITIONING QUOTATIONS:
- Round or square, plastic insulated supply air grilles.
- Supply and install of premium Advantage Air Purtech return air grille complete with double layer electrostatic filter or Metal Return air grille with polyester filter depending on installation requirements.
- Installation of interconnecting pipework between air conditioning units.
- Advantage Air R1.0 flexible duct.
- Advantage Air exact airs branch boxes complete with non plumbed condensate tray.
- 110mm Ezy Duct pipe capping.
- Supply and installation of chosen air conditioning and zone control system.
- Commissioning and education on how to use equipment.
- Concrete slab or wall brackets for mounting outdoor unit.
- Electrical feed, isolator & interconnect cabling for air-conditioner installed to manufacturers specifications & Australian standards by a licensed electrical subcontractor.
- Three visits to site for homes under construction. Rough-in (frame up & roof on), Vents cut-outs (as soon as is plaster up), Fit off (once the painting is done & power is ON).
EXCLUSIONS IN OUR DUCTED AIR CONDITIONING QUOTATIONS:
- Penetrations through structures containing asbestos. If asbestos-containing material is found on-site either at site inspection or during installation by Smarter Air Pty Ltd, you will receive an additional quote for works required to cut holes or remove the asbestos-containing materials.
- Supply and installation of a condensate pump where gravity drainage is not possible.
- Carpentry, plastering, painting or re-decorating required from the installation or removal of air conditioners and componentry.
- Door relief-air grilles for bedrooms.
- Box outs or bulkheads required to cover flexible ductwork.
- Metal or coloured duct coverings other than standard stock (plastic off-white coloured).
- Extra pipe-work/electrical over 20 meters allowed for in all quotations.
- Three-phase power/mains upgrade.
- Switchboard upgrades.
- Additional visits to the site due to reasons outside of our control eg we cannot finish the job due to renovations or no power connected at the home.
- Callout fee of $110 inc GST + $99 inc GST per hour for each tradesperson & $44 inc GST per hour for apprentices.
Smarter Air Pty Ltd can not be held responsible for any damage or performance-related problems resulting from others’ workmanship, foreign matter, animals or plants or part thereof, accidents, vandalism, fire, lightning strikes/power surges, floods, severe weather, negligence or any other source. Any damage to the unit or components not related directly to Smarter Air Pty Ltd’s installation work will involve a cost to repair by the homeowner.
Movement in a roof space, especially in older or poorly constructed homes, may cause unintended damage during installation. Poorly secured ceiling sheets or movement in the trusses may cause holes or cracks in the plasterwork. While Smarter Air Pty Ltd takes as much care as possible to avoid this happening, we can not be held responsible for damage resulting from the installation of your choice of ducted air conditioning in your roof space.
Lack of insulation and ventilation in your roof space may cause ducted air conditioning components to condensate or ‘sweat’ which can potentially cause damage to your ceiling. We highly recommend the installation of roof ventilation such as whirlybirds to reduce humidity and temperature build-up in the roof space. In hot, humid weather conditions, when you are likely trying to run the air conditioning cooler, condensation is very likely and may cause water damage if enough condensation drips onto the ceiling. We suggest setting your air conditioner no lower than 24°C during the summer months & using a high fan speed. Smarter Air Pty Ltd will not be held responsible for such damage unless it is the direct result of an installation fault. All ducted componentry and fittings supplied by Smarter Air Pty Ltd conform with the relevant Australian Standards.
Most installations are completed in 1 day; however, in the event of wet weather, we may need to reschedule your installation or carry out the installation over multiple visits.
On installation day we ask that you please make the garage & driveway available for our team for the duration of the installation.
On an average installation our team will arrive at 7am & your installation will be completed by 5pm.
Installations are carried out Monday – Friday during business days, should you require an after-hours, weekend or public holiday installation please advise and we can provide an amended quote.
- CANCELLATIONS & RESCHEDULING APPOINTMENTS
We are always happy to reschedule an appointment free-of-charge within 48hrs of the agreed installation date.
If you need to cancel your appointment, please provide us with at least 48 hours’ notice. Please note postponing your job after it has been scheduled will result in your installation being pushed back to our next available slot, which in peak periods can be up to 1.5 months.
- RIGHT TO DECLINE WORK
Smarter Air Pty Ltd reserves the right to decline or cancel any work or installations at its own discretion without providing a reason or compensation for loss due to rejection or cancellation.
Any concession or indulgences outside of our terms and conditions does not constitute a waiver of Smarter Air Pty Ltd’s rights. Smarter Air Pty Ltd may elect, at its own discretion, to pursue it’s rights to the fullest extent possible by law in respect of its right per the terms and conditions.
- PAYMENTS AND INVOICING
Payment terms for all invoices are strictly 7 days. Smarter Air will send you a courtesy reminder one day before the due date for your convenience. For maintenance or breakdown work, credit card details must be provided prior to the job being scheduled however you will not be charged until the works for that visit have been completed, unless other payment arrangements have been agreed to with Smarter Air Pty Ltd prior. If the callout requires multiple visits you will be invoiced & charged at the completion of each visit. All invoices are sent via our default communication method, which is email; sorry, we do not offer printed invoices.
All jobs require a 10% deposit in line with current QBCC requirements, your installation cannot be scheduled until this deposit has been paid in full. If you are paying through Humm90 no deposit is required, we just require you to accept the Humm90 contract to book your installation..
Deposits paid for equipment and work already delivered are non-refundable.
- PROGRESS INVOICES
Progress invoices are claims for work done on-site before the entire job is completed. This covers labour and materials for work done to date. The cost of materials and the amount of time spent on your job will dictate whether you will be sent progress invoices.
As part of our agreement, you accept to pay these progress invoices when they are due. You understand that you cannot withhold payment for any reason.
If for any reason work has paused on your job, you can request an invoice to settle the account by calling the office.
For new home under construction we charge 60% of the total invoice value once rough-in is complete & the remaining 40% invoice value on practical completion of the job.
We reserve the right to stop work if progress payments have not been made.
Discounts applied to your account are administered at our discretion.
Discounts may be revoked, and the total amount may be charged to you if an invoice remains unpaid for more than 7 days or any other agreed date.
- DISPUTED INVOICES
If you need to discuss any aspect of payment, please contact us immediately.
If you are dissatisfied with the invoice, it is your responsibility to contact us immediately.
- LATE PAYMENT FEES
Please be aware that we will charge a late payment fee of 50% per year calculated daily to cover the cost of materials supplied & the administration costs associated with following up invoices. For example if you invoice value is $10,000 your late fee would be approximately $13.70 per day.
- UNPAID ACCOUNTS
Debt collection costs may be added to invoices that remain outstanding for over 21 days from the due date.
MyAir, MyLights, or MyPlace installations have a built-in 21-day trial feature that will automatically disable the touch screen after 21 days; once your account is settled, we will be able to provide you with a 4 digit, which will unlock your MyAir, MyLights or MyPlace system.
- CREDIT CARD PAYMENT SURCHARGE
When paying for goods or services by a debit or credit card a small surcharge is incurred for processing the payment by the provider (Square or Stripe), this surcharge is payable by you the customer. The only exception to this is if you are paying the 10% deposit for a new ducted air conditioner installation, in this case these credit card payment surcharges are absorbed by Smarter Air Pty Ltd.
The surcharges for both providers are listed below:
- Tapped, inserted or swiped transactions – 1.9%
- Manually entered card transactions through your Square hardware, Square Invoices, Square Online, Virtual Terminal or Gift Cards – 2.2%
- Domestic Cards – 1.75% + AUD$0.30
- International Cards – 2.9% + AUD$0.30
- SIZING YOUR AIR CONDITIONING SYSTEM
We carefully select the capacity of your air conditioning system based on expected usage, area size and energy efficiency. Unless specifically stated, your system has been designed to cool up to 70% of your home at a time to a room temperature of 24°C +/- 1.5°C at the thermostat on a summer’s day with an outdoor temperature of 32°C. This is the logical method to calculate the capacity required considering every liveable room in the home is generally not occupied at the same time. This carries two distinct benefits to homeowners:
- It reduces overall installation costs due to the smaller air conditioning system.
- It allows for a lower minimum capacity for extra energy efficiency when only cooling/heating a few bedrooms at night time.
- USING YOUR DUCTED AIR CONDITIONING SYSTEM
Did you know that every degree you set your air conditioner below 24°C you could be increasing your energy consumption by as much as 10% per degree! Below are our recommendations on how to use your air conditioner most effectively.
- Set your desired temperature to 24-25°C in summer & 19-21°C in winter. In summer many people tend to get home & turn the air conditioner on at lower than recommended temperatures, this will not cool your home any faster but it will definitely result in higher than average energy bills.
- Ensure you clean your return air filters at least every three months, this can be done by removing the filter and giving it a vacuum with a soft brush attachment.
- When running your air conditioner, ensure all external doors & windows are closed even if the internal door to that room is closed as your air conditioner will suck the warm outside air from underneath your internal doors making your system work harder & potentially resulting in damage to your system.
- If you are not using a zone, shut any windows in that room, shut the door & turn that zone OFF.
- If you know it is going to be hotter than normal turn your air conditioner ON in the morning before the hottest part of the day, this way your system doesn’t have to play catch up & consume excess energy trying to reduce the heat load in your home.
- Set your fan on HIGH during the day to ensure a more consistent temperature throughout the home & LOW at night to keep the airflow noise as quiet as possible.
- OTHER CONSIDERATIONS
- All east and west-facing glass is/will be tinted or covered with curtains or blinds when using your air conditioning.
- Ceiling insulation carries a rating of at least R2.5 and roof ventilation is/will be installed for the roof cavity.
- Bathrooms, garages, toilets and laundries are not included in the air-conditioning heat load calculation unless specifically stated.
- A minimum of two electronic/manual constant zones will be selected for the system to relieve excess air and avoid a pressure build-up in the ductwork that could potentially damage the system. These will be set as living areas for increased energy efficiency, we do not recommend setting bedrooms as constant zones as these ducts are smaller and do not allow enough airflow of the cooling coil which can result in sweating or condensation of the installation.
- Outdoor units contain a compressor motor & thus do make noise which should be considered when choosing an outdoor unit location. We will generally place them in the most logical position, eg. not outside bedrooms. Any changes to the outdoor unit location after installation due to noise concerns will incur additional costs that will be confirmed on a case by case basis.
- The indoor unit and return air grilles may make an audible sound when the system is in use. We take every step possible to reduce this noise, although some sound may be unavoidable with the mechanical nature of an air conditioning system.
- Generally, we recommend against mounting outdoor units on wall brackets & will only do so at your specific request, doing so may cause a vibration in the wall which may resonate an audible sound through the home which we do not take responsibility for. Removing and repositioning an outdoor unit from brackets to remove vibrations after installation will incur additional costs that will be confirmed on a case by case basis.